Thursday, January 8, 2009

"A Champion Forever"


What else can I add to such a great man that has not already been said. Not enough words of praise can describe this wonderful man and what he meant to all the lives of all those he touched. He will be missed by all that were fortunate to know him as a student, athlete, friend and family. My prayers are with the Heap family as they travel down this difficult time that they may be comforted in their sorrow. "Coach Heap", my pleasure and honor to know him and play for him, "A Champion Forever"!

Longie Pat Ballejos, Orem, Utah

3 comments:

  1. I found this site from my mom- Virginia (Gina) Stradling Butler Ramey.

    I wanted to put in my memeories of Uncle Verl. I don't have any one memory that stands out in my mind of him specifically, except in his last years when I had the pleasure to follow him down 15th or 24th streets. I would see he and Aunt Dawn together riding on a "toot" as my grandma Peggy would say. I loved to see them together.
    I remember his soft voice that is still in my mind if I picture it- his voice reminds me of my grandma.

    Heaven has a great man on their team now.

    Ginee Scarbrough

    ReplyDelete
  2. Papa, I was and am always very proud to tell anyone I can that my grandfather is Verl Heap. You are a great example of a man, a father, a grandfather and a basketball player. If I ever had any questions on how to shoot, how to stop the drive, or anything else in basketball I always knew that you would be there to tell me exactly what to do and it would always work if I listened. I am always so proud to step on the basketball court at St. Johns High School and see your name on our floor. Your presence in my life will be one of the greatest influences I will ever have. I love you and I miss you Papa! I can't wait to be with you again.

    Your Grandaughter, Mikayla

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey it's my favorite game..i love it...


    Online MBA

    ReplyDelete