Wednesday, January 7, 2009

To Aunt Dawn, her kids (my cousins) and all of your family,


I'm so sad that I wasn't able to be there for Uncle Verls funeral.

My son is leaving on his mission in a few days and we had so much to do to get him ready to leave, so I wasn't able to travel to St. Johns at this time. I found this website from April's blog and sat and cried as I read all the great tributes to Uncle Verl and recalled many wonderful ways he influenced my life. I have always been proud to say that I know "Coach Heap" and that he is my Uncle! I remember all of the trips the cheerleaders got to take with the teams and how

Uncle Verl always treated me so special. I know he tried not to show any favorites, but hey, I'm his niece!! Aunt Dawn and Uncle Verl have always been such a great example to me. I think of Aunt Dawn and what a dedicated and loving wife and mother she is! She taught me that THAT is the kind of mother I wanted to be and she was always there supporting her husband though everything! I have so much more I could write, and I will in a letter soon, but just wanted you to know I found this wonderful blog site and couldn't read it without leaving my love and to say how much I love Uncle Verl.

Love to all of the HEAPS,

Kathy (Grant) Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment