Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Dear Dawn and family,
My heart is with you today.  I have so many fond memories of all of you.  Coach Heap was truly a wonderful man and he influenced so many lives. I know the memories you have will serve as a comfort to you. 
-Marsha (Naegle) Sowder




Verl taught me in HS and in life through his hard work.  I remember fondly him showing up at my house at 4am to get me so I could buck hay for him.  I thought I was going to die that day as he never slowed down. Of all of his accomplishments two stand out to me.  His faith in God and his service.  And his service he gave to our country in the war. On behalf of my family and myself Thank you for being such a wonderful example.  And to his family may God bless you in this difficult time,  St. Johns and Arizona's loss is Heavens gain. Until we meet again. 
-Jim Hargrave




Few teachers have had such a great impact on me as Mr.Heap.  As much as anything he thaught boys how to develop character to become good men. From him I learned persistence, practice, study and teamwork and a great love of basketball. For his family, I express my love and respect and faith that family realtionships are not terminated, only interrupted for a season.
-Robert Greer




Coach Heap was a legendary figure, so much that I knew all about him after a short stay in St. Johns.  His influence and love for all he did will clearly be missed.
-Craig J. Layton




He was my teacher, my neighbor, my friend and my hero and I loved him.  I was 17 when my mother passed away and he was in the bishopric.  His love and concer and words of comfort helped me more than anything I can remember.  May the Lord comfort all of you until you meet him again. 
-Zilpha Nielson Gardner




My prayers and thoughts go to Coach Heap's family.  I was a student of his in the late 70's and spent a lot of time with him outside of school, running cattle and at rodeos.  He was a kind and gentle mand and a great coach and teacher; a true example of a great man.
-Dawn Whaley (Lundy)




Dear Sister Heap and Family.  I am so sorry for your loss.  Coach Heap made a real difference in my life, both physically and spiritually.  He was my high school coach and teacher, and he served in our bishopric and in the Young Men's Presidency in St. Johns.  Coach Heap taught me many lessons in addition to basketball. I was always impressed that he treated those of us who were mediocre ball players the same as he treated those who were All Stars.  He was truly one of my heroes and I tried to pattern my life after his.  I am sorry I am ill and I can't attend the funeral, but please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time.
-Phillip Ray Brown, St. Johns High School Class of 1954




Our condolences go out to the family of Mr.Verl Heap.  We were privileged to know him and his wife many years ago as we started our family in St. Johns.  He was a master teacher and coach.  OUr best wishes and love in this difficult time goes out to all of the family. 
-Kenny & Anneta Smith   Thatcher, AZ

No comments:

Post a Comment