Monday, January 5, 2009

A True American Hero


I attended SJHS from '76-'79 and was fortunate to know Coach Heap. He was a true American hero, humble about all his accomplishments, his WWII service, but proud of his family and of his teams. They don't make them any better than him.

Lieutenant Colonel Robert W. Eoff, Forward Deployed to Israel
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
“My name is Ina Overson. I did not know Mr. Heap personally, but I feel that my life has been significantly influenced by his. For the past 3+ years, I have worked with the two incredible daughters that he and his wife raised. Eileen is my boss and LeAnn and I share a classroom as Special Ed teachers. Knowing these two choice women has taught me so much. I admire their strength, intelligence and strong work ethic. I have watched them each go through personal trials with courage and grace. They stand up for their beliefs and in defense of others. They are the kind of women I look to as examples and I am blessed to know them. The Bible says, “by their fruits ye shall know them”. In that case, by his daughters, I know that Mr. Heap is a great man.”

No comments:

Post a Comment